About the course
What is Metaphors of Movement?
For thousands of years metaphor has been recognized as a powerful tool for human communication and storytelling. Now Andrew T. Austin of the UK has developed a sophisticated and fundamentally new model for uncovering and engaging the metaphors we already use. These unconscious metaphors for moving through life impact who we are and what we’re able to do (or not do).
Learn not only how to uncover your own metaphors, but how to engage them at a physiological and neurological level — a completely new approach to overcoming stuck states and creating effective movement towards our personal goals. The format of this class will be fun and experiential. Your trainer Mark Andreas will introduce each topic, share some examples, and demonstrate with volunteers in front of the group or with group guided exercises. Then you’ll have a chance to explore and practice each element in smaller groups, followed by group discussion and Q & A.
Special Bonus: Get 50% off a Metaphors of Movement client session with Mark Andreas when you sign up for this level I and II training. These sessions will take place over Skype or Zoom either before or after the training live online. Contact Mark here to arrange your session.
Training Dates & Times: April 2, 3, 9 & 10, 2022 (Saturdays & Sundays)
Each webinar will be 10:00am – 1:30pm, Denver Colorado time
Location: Online using Zoom
What You'll Learn in
Now that you know and have practiced the structure of the Metaphors of Movement process, and learned the most basic metaphor categories, you’ll learn about relational positioning within metaphor, as well as additional key metaphorical categories (taxonomies) and how to work with them differently. The overall theme of level II is that of relationships and emotional health.
Webinars 1 & 2
- Learn about the seven Relational Positions in metaphor: where we stand in relation to something or someone.
- Practice and explore the idioms of Relational Positions.
- Learn about the Hurts metaphors: emotional injury and emotional health.
- Understand what darkness means in a metaphor, and what to do with it.
- The body and physical health metaphors.
- Living Death Metaphor: Not having a life
- Further explore the metaphorical taxonomies learned thus far (including level 1 taxonomies)
- The Supports (environmental): the ground on which we walk.
- The Supports (anatomy and embodiment): supporting one’s self, receiving support, supporting others.
- The Cause: why we stand and what we stand for.
- The Leg Work: the relationship between the body and the ground.
- The Attachments and partial containers: what we’re tied up in, and what holds us back
Webinars 3 & 4
- Introduction to Business and Money Metaphors
- Conceptual Metaphor vs Embodied Metaphor
- Using time-tested models as metaphors for business success.
- The Immersions: What overwhelms us.
- Stage, acting and performance metaphor: the roles we play
- Multiple identities, religion, and God.
Join Us for the Training and See for Yourself!
Mark teaches NLP for the NLP Practitioner Program, for Redrocks Community College, and for private sponsors in many locations. He also has a Personal Change private practice in Boulder CO, where he offers individual sessions assisting people in achieving life-goals and resolving limitations using NLP, Core Transformation, Metaphors of Movement, and other methods for personal transformation and development. Visit markandreas.com for more details.
by Mark Andreas
Waltzing with Wolverines: Finding Connection and Cooperation with Troubled Teens
Available on Amazon! In these pages you’ll find riveting stories illustrating clear principles for achieving success with even the most trying of teenagers. In a job where average length of employment is measured in months, and many last only weeks, Mark Andreas not only survived, but thrived while working round-the-clock with troubled teens. Whether you are a parent, a teacher, a youth leader, or anyone wanting to connect with and support the teens in your life, may this book offer you an enjoyable road map on the journey.